The Corduroy Shop | Chrisie Cordrey | Ghent, NY www.corduroyshop.com
1) The first chair I completely reupholstered happened about 7 years ago and it took me 1 1/2 years of going to classes to complete it. My colleagues(with many more years of experience I might add), had gone through 3-4 chairs by the time I was finishing up my one! It took forever just to remove the zillions of staples and tacks that lay underneath!
2) And did I mention that I loved EVERY minute???? I knew then, that this was WAY COOL!! I could recycle, learn a traditional approach to something that still filled modern needs, minimize or erase the need for synthetic products AND work with precious textiles!!! oh MY GODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! so aweSOME!!!!!!! so I threw myself in and…………
3) Today's passion is to continue to grow my little workshop of upcycled furniture, cushions and clothing!! Oh and KEEP LEARNING!!(which seems to happen daily as I encounter amazing people on my road!!)
4) In my music player there will be nothing as I am a lazy, push button, Pandora girl!!!
5) Pro chocolate cake at the right time and moment! Like maybe at the Shindy if someone's selling it! : )